Tuesday 16 November 2010

Trapped'



Introduction. 
For my main pitch, I have chosen to do a horror film opening. I feel that with the use of different angles and shots I can make the viewer feel agitated and at the end of the scene feel that if there was a 'next clip', they would want to see it. To prepare for this task I looked at clips on youtube of previous footage of horror to influence my own idea.
I chose my previous idea of using 'Trapped' as the film name is short and stubborn but it also creates an effect of mystery and what's behind the name. The opening scene starts with a panning view of the scenery surrounding an abandoned building, the main character is then introduced on a bench and is then shown feeling like they are being watched. Quick 'flickered' shots are shown surrounding them and they decide to go into the building, they are followed down the corridor, the intensity of the scene increases when another actor enters the scene with a balaclava over their face. They then chase the 'panicked' actor towards a dead end door. Only to find that at the end of the scene the panicked character escapes through the door before being stabbed with a knife. The title appears in the center of the screen leaving the audience to wonder how they escaped and what happens through the door. 

Production Schedule.
For the start of my production schedule I created a storyboard to help me know exactly where I was going to film from, and where the actors/actresses need to be in each shot. I then checked to see if I needed a script for any parts of the scene but there are only natural sounds so it wasn't needed. I then made sure I had a shot list so when I came to actually filming I knew exactly what I was going to do. So together with the shot-list and storyboard I was completely ready to film. I then made sure that I had actors/actresses ready so when I came to film I had no mis-haps. As it has snowed I feel that this has added to the effect of the film as it gives a blank canvas and so creates and 'eery' effect. 


Storyboard
I drew a storyboard so that when it came to filming the shots I knew exactly what did and didn't need to be in the picture. I also knew which way I needed to pan and if the speed needed to increase or not.




Shot list
Shot 1 - Film outside abandoned building with random shots. 
Shot 2 - Low angle at bottom of hill of grass.
Shot 3 - Low angle shot of actor on bench staring at phone.
Shot 4 - Following shot of actor walking towards building. 
Shot 5 - Pan side to side over field.  
Shot 6 - Film towards door, as actor gets closer, camera starts to shake. 
Shot 7 - Move at a slow pace towards the door at the end of the corridor, the camera will then increase with the shake.
Shot 8 – Actor opens door slowly.
Shot 9 - Pan from left to right, as if to 'panic'. It will then shake more intensely.
Shot  10 - Actor runs past the camera from the side. (x2, one from each side) Repeat 3 times as if to be a flashback. 
Shot 11 - Another actor appears from the door on the left corner of the corridor. 
Shot 12 - From above left panning towards door.
Shot 13 - Following shot of actor’s footsteps towards door. 
Shot 14 - The actors then run towards the camera.
Shot 15 - Close up of each actor’s faces. 
Shot 16 - Shot from behind both actors and then to the right hand side and followed into a shot in front of them.
Shot 17 - Flickers of odd scenery shots shown from low and high angles. 
Shot 18 - As the first actor reaches the doorway a close up is shown of the chest down of the front actor.
Shot 19 - Close up of knife being drawn from actor behind's pocket.
Shot 20 - Shot from behind of actor stabbing the knife forwards.
Shot 21 - Shot of knife going towards camera. 
Shot 22 - Shot of just the door.
Shot 23 - Close up of the actor in the balaclava’s face looking straight into the lense.

Assets List
Black clothing; balaclava.
Daytime clothing.
Torch (for shadows to appear)
Knife.

Fonts.
I looked at a number of different fonts on 'dafont.com' and here are some samples I thought fitted the theme of my film.  











Sample 1 - 'wired saji'
Sample 2 - 'capture it'
Sample 3 - 'luhyouone'


Sound Effects.
The main sounds used in my film will be natural. Mostly being heavy breathing and footsteps, and at the end will be a slam of a door. I am still looking at copyright-free music that will suit the theme of my film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment